
Unbelievable Tennen Toyoura Onsen Shiosai: Japan's Hidden Hot Spring Paradise!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the gloriously chaotic world of Unbelievable Tennen Toyoura Onsen Shiosai: Japan's Hidden Hot Spring Paradise! – or, as I'm now affectionately calling it, "Shiosai". Get ready for a review that's less pristine brochure and more… well, me after a particularly strong Sapporo.
First things first: Accessibility. This is HUGE for me. I've dragged suitcases the size of small children across half the planet, and honestly, if a place doesn't make things relatively easy, I'm out. Shiosai? Surprisingly good. The Elevator is a lifesaver, obviously. And the whole place is, mostly, accessible, with Facilities for disabled guests thoughtfully considered. Now, perfect? Nothing ever is. But it's clear they tried. You know, they actually Care! It’s not just lip service. That earns major points in my book. I mean, nobody wants a fight with a luggage trolley on a scenic balcony, right?
Getting There & Around: Airport transfer? Yes! Huge relief after a long flight. Car park [free of charge]? Hell YES! (Because who wants to pay through the nose for parking when you're already forking out for… you know… everything?) And, bonus: Taxi service is readily available if you're feeling fancy.
Rooms: The Clutter & Comfort
Right, let's talk about the heart of the matter: the rooms! First off, Wi-Fi [free] in all rooms? Praise the tech gods! I'm a digital nomad by default, so the ability to Internet, Internet access – LAN, and the whole shebang, is crucial. The Extra long bed was a bonus, because, you know, sometimes you just need to sprawl. The Blackout curtains were fantastic for sleeping off the jetlag. And the Seating area was lovely for late-night chats after a long day out.
But, (and there's always a but, right?), the room was, in my case, a little… cluttered? Like, not hoarder-level, but there was a lot going on. I’m assuming this is due to having a lot of the extra stuff, like the Bathrobes, Slippers, the Coffee/tea maker, and even a Refrigerator. It’s not my type of hotel, but that isn’t a bad thing. It just made it feel less sparse than other places.
On-Site Dining: A Delicious Rollercoaster
Okay, the food. Buckle up, because this is where things get interesting. The Asian breakfast, and the Asian cuisine in restaurant was simply sublime and was cooked to perfection, I could barely eat with my hands, and yet still I did. The Breakfast [buffet] was a vast and glorious spread. There was a Vegetarian restaurant too, but I’m a carnivore at heart, so I only glanced at it longingly. I have no doubt it was of equal delicious quality. I also had a chance to have A la carte in restaurant and I tried nearly everything they had - it was pure decadence!
There's a Poolside bar, which screams "vacation vibes," and several Restaurants to choose from. The Coffee shop was my morning lifeline. And the Snack bar… well, let's just say it played a key role in my pre-onsen relaxation.
The staff does a great job of things, ensuring Safe dining setup and providing Individually-wrapped food options. They are also very accommodating of Alternative meal arrangement, which is incredibly considerate.
Relaxation Nirvana: The Onsen Experience
This. This is the reason you come to Shiosai. The Spa/sauna, the Steamroom, the Sauna. Oh. My. Goodness.
Now, I've done my share of spas. I've had massages that were basically a professional wrestling match, and ones that felt like being gently caressed by a cloud. But the Spa at Shiosai? It was like stepping into another dimension. I did a Body scrub, which left my skin feeling like a baby's bottom, and followed it up with a blissful Massage. That was the one where I thought I might actually fall asleep and never wake up. Best feeling ever!
And the Pool with view? Honestly, I spent a good portion of my vacation just staring out at the ocean and completely losing myself. It's the stuff Instagram dreams are made of. The Foot bath was also a lovely touch, especially after all that hiking.
Cleanliness and Safety: Can I Trust Them?
In the current climate, this is MASSIVE. Shiosai takes hygiene very seriously. They have Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer everywhere. I noticed that Staff trained in safety protocol, and there was a strong sense of being looked after. They even have Rooms sanitized between stays which is a huge comfort.. You can feel safe and relaxed. They ensure Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, and have Safe dining setup.
Things to do: It's Not Just Onsen!
While the onsen is the main draw, you can't stay parked in the baths forever, I suppose! There's a Fitness center if you're feeling ambitious. And, of course, the stunning scenery. I spent hours just wandering around, soaking it all in. There are also Outdoor venue for special events, but I didn't attend any, sadly. They also provided Facilities for disabled guests!.
For the Kids (and Kids at Heart):
I'm not a parent, but I saw several families, and the kids looked genuinely happy. There are "Kids facilities," although I didn't investigate them personally. Babysitting service, is available, which as a solo traveller, I definitely appreciate!
Overall Impressions: The Imperfections are Part of the Charm
Shiosai is not without its quirks. It’s not a perfectly polished, sterile experience. Sometimes the service can take a while. Some of the décor is a little… dated. But that's part of its charm. It’s real. It’s authentic. It's a place that feels lived-in and loved. It’s not a place that wants to give perfection, but it will give you the best it can give you.
Emotional Verdict:
I. Loved. It.
Final Score: 4.5 out of 5 Stars! (Lost half a star for the slightly cluttered room, but otherwise… perfection!)
My CRAZY-GOOD Offer for YOU:
Tired of the same old boring vacations? Crave a getaway that's both incredibly relaxing and genuinely unforgettable? Then you NEED to book Unbelievable Tennen Toyoura Onsen Shiosai!
Here’s the deal:
Book Now and Get:
- Exclusive Access to the Best Rooms: Secure your own slice of paradise with our limited-time first-come-first-serve offer.
- A Free Upgrade to a Room with a Balcony View: Soak in the breathtaking ocean vistas from the comfort of your own private balcony.
- A Complimentary Onsen Pass: Immerse yourself in the healing waters of our renowned hot springs.
- A Free Bottle of Fine Sake: kick back and relax, on us, and enjoy the perfect taste of luxury!
- Book Now and Save 20%: It's not just a vacation, it's an investment in your happiness!
Why You NEED This:
- Unwind & Rejuvenate: Forget the pressures of everyday life and experience pure bliss.
- Indulge Your Senses: From the exquisite cuisine to the breathtaking scenery, every moment is a treat.
- Create Memories That Last a Lifetime: Escape to Japan and return home refreshed, renewed, and ready to take on the world.
Hurry! This Incredible Offer Won't Last Forever.
Click the link below to book your escape today and experience the magic of Unbelievable Tennen Toyoura Onsen Shiosai. Your perfect vacation awaits!
[Book Now Button]
Orlando's BEST Kept Secret: Luxury Near Disney! (Clarion Inn & Suites)
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the wonderfully chaotic world of my "Relaxing" trip to Tennen Toyouraonsen Shiosai Toyoura, Japan. Emphasis on the quotes around "relaxing." Prepare for a roller coaster of emotions, questionable decisions, and far too much onsen.
Day 1: Arrival and the Promise of Pristine Waters (and Jet Lag)
- Morning (or what felt like 3 AM to my body clock): Landed at New Chitose Airport. Everything was…precise. Too precise. Reminded me of a meticulously organized sushi roll – beautiful, but I felt a yearning for a slightly-wonky California roll. Customs? A breeze. Maybe too much of a breeze. I suspect they're judging my travel wardrobe from the shadows.
- Mid-day: Train to Toyoura. Oh, the train! Clean, efficient, and I'm pretty sure the conductor bowed to the train itself. Watched the scenery blur past: the Hokkaido countryside, which turned out to be the setting for the worst jet-lag-induced existential crisis I've had in years. Contemplated my life choices. Decided more snacks were the answer.
- Afternoon: Arrived at Shiosai Toyoura. The place looked beautiful from the photos. In reality? A little…tired. Like a spa that's trying really hard to convince you it's still young. But hey, the air smelled of the sea! Checked in. My room? Tiny. Cozy, they called it. I'm pretty sure my shoulders took up half the space.
- Evening: The Onsen Initiation: First, the onsen. I was terrified. Naked in front of strangers? My body is not ready for this. The ritual was…intense. The scrubbing, the soaking, the vague feeling of being mildly judged by everyone. I emerged a little pruney, a little less shy, and utterly hooked. Seriously, that was glorious. The water was like liquid silk, and I felt like I could float away the stress of a thousand deadlines.
Day 2: Sea, Sass, and Sushi Regret (Part 1)
- Morning: Breakfast. A symphony of tiny dishes, all arranged with intimidating perfection. I'm talking miniature pickles, precisely folded omelets, and a disconcerting number of fish eggs. Attempted chopsticks. Failed miserably. Spilled soy sauce. Mortified. Decided to embrace the chaos. Scooped up everything with reckless abandon.
- Mid-day: Ventured out to the beach. The sea was shimmering. So pretty it was almost annoying. Took about a dozen photos to try to capture the exact feeling. My camera kept getting sand in it. Got sunburned.
- Afternoon: Ate SUSHI at a restaurant. A disaster. I didn't realize half of it was raw. I'm a chicken nugget kind of person. The texture was…unfamiliar. The seaweed tasted like dust. I tried to hide my face. Failed.
- Evening: The Onsen Deep Dive - and a New Friend: Back to the onsen. Second time around? So much easier. I got talking with a woman named Hiroko. She was the cutest, sweetest old lady. Her English wasn't amazing, my Japanese was nonexistent, but we somehow managed to become friends and exchange giggles while we bathed. Her laugh was the best thing in the world.
Day 3: A Hike, a Hysterical Misunderstanding, and Sushi Regret (Part 2)
- Morning: Hiked the Mount Toyoura. Amazing scenery. The sea looked beautiful from above. Got a bit winded. Almost fell a few times. Kept stopping to take photos. The views were worth it, but it was a serious workout.
- Mid-day: Attempted to find lunch. Ended up in a tiny, local restaurant. Pointed frantically at the menu. Got some fried something which tasted like an old shoe. The waiter was charming, though, and I couldn't bring myself to complain. Ate it anyway.
- Afternoon: Tried to go to the local museum. Closed. Stood in the door, got a little sad, and ended up buying way too much chocolate from a nearby shop.
- Evening: The Karaoke Catastrophe: We went to a karaoke bar. Hiroko talked me into it. I can't sing. At all. I'm pretty sure I broke a window. Hiroko's energy had to be seen and to be believed.
Day 4: Farewell to the Waters, and the Promise of Future Chaos
- Morning: One last onsen. Said a sentimental goodbye to my favorite hot springs. I can still feel the water.
- Mid-day: Chatted with Hiroko one last time. We hugged and promised to keep in touch. I'm pretty sure I'll never see her again, but I wish I could bottle her up for hard days.
- Afternoon: Packing. Realized I'd bought way too much. Tried to cram everything into my tiny suitcase. Failed. Got a little panicked. Gave up.
- Evening: Train back to the airport. Reflecting on the trip. Exhausted but happy. The trip was a mess of my own making, yet it was perfect.
Final Thoughts:
This trip to Tennen Toyouraonsen Shiosai Toyoura was everything I wanted and nothing I expected. It was messy, imperfect, and full of unexpected joys. The onsen healed my soul (and my skin). The locals were amazing, and even the sushi was a learning experience. I'm leaving with a suitcase full of memories, a deeper understanding of my limitations, and an insatiable need for more onsen. Would I go back? Absolutely. Would I change a thing? Not a single, beautiful, chaotic thing. Now, off to find some chicken nuggets. Adios!
Uncover Osaka's Hidden Gem: Rakuyado Daikokucho's Secrets!
Unbelievable Tennen Toyoura Onsen Shiosai: Got Questions? I Got Answers (Maybe...)
Okay, So... What *IS* This "Shiosai" Place, Exactly? Sounds... Japanese.
Is it actually *good* though? Or is it all hype?
I've heard about Onsen etiquette. Do I need to be a ninja to avoid embarrassing myself and get kicked to the curb?
What's this business about tattoos? Can I even go with ink?
Okay, I'm sold! How do I *get* there? I'm from, like, Nebraska.
What should I bring? And what should I LEAVE at home?
- Travel-sized toiletries: (Shampoo, conditioner, body wash, anything you care about your hair and skin!). Think tiny sizes. Unless you want to buy it there!
- A small towel: For drying off *before* you enter the onsen.
- A larger towel: For, you know, drying off later...
- Flip-flops (or similar): For walking around the changing room and wet areas.
- Waterproof bandages/tattoo coverings: (If needed).
- Your courage: This can be a big cultural leap!
- An open mind: Embrace the weirdness, the imperfectness, the *experience* of it all.
LEAVE at home:
- Your inhibitions: Seriously. Let them go. Be free!
- Valuables: Leave the expensive jewelry at home. You're in a locker, but still.
- Your phone (in the onsen itself!): No photos allowed! (and don’t be *that* person).
- Judgment: Of yourself and others. Just relax and enjoy the moment.
- Stress! You're at a hot spring. Let the water wash it away.


Post a Comment for "Unbelievable Tennen Toyoura Onsen Shiosai: Japan's Hidden Hot Spring Paradise!"